If you plan to invest in having your upholstery cleaned, you should not be in a hurry to hire an upholstery cleaning service. There are many companies around your area such as Carpet Cleaning Melbourne which does upholstery cleaning as well, but you can not be sure which of those can meet your cleanliness standard. This is why you need to exert extreme care when choosing such services. The average person will pick up the phone, call a cleaning company and ask the question, how much do you charge? This is not the correct approach to select a quality cleaning company.
As soon as you ask this question, the company knows that you are an uninformed customer. They will definitely try to take advantage of your ignorance. You need to ask them more important questions than the price. Sure, price is important, but it is not the only criteria to select an upholstery cleaning company. There are six fundamental questions that should be asked an upholstery cleaning service provider before hiring them to clean your furnishing. These questions will let the company know that you are no easy person to fool around. Here are some of the most important questions to ask the company before hiring a quality upholstery cleaning service provider.
1. Do you possess a valid insurance or a certificate of currency to cover the customer’s property, upholstery and content? This is important should something go wrong during the cleaning process.
2. Are you a member of any trade association? (IICRC, NUCCA, Advantage Group, etc.)
3. Are you providing a written guarantee for your upholstery cleaning work?
4. Are you licensed to provide upholstery cleaning services in this state? Most of the states in the U.S. have various requirements for these upholstery cleaning service providers. They should register with the state authority and obtain a licence to conduct their services.
5. Why should I hire you when there are so many other upholstery cleaning companies in the area? Ask this question from the service provider, and hire them depending on the answer you get.
6. Is the quoted price final? Are you going to charge me more when you come to my home? Don’t be afraid to ask this question from the service provider. It will help you obtain a clear answer from the service provider.
For DIY cleaning tips, click here.